Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bed Time For Brylee!

C.J is getting to big for his bassinet so we had to decide if we were going to get another crib or try to take Brylee out of hers. We thought Brylee might still be a little to young to understand she needed to stay in bed. Well my Grandma and Grandpa Blau said they had a toddler bed we could have if we wanted it. So we decided we would try and if it didn't work out we would just have to get another crib.
After we put the bed together we showed it to Brylee. She seemed excited about it. She crawled into it and even jumped up and down on it. Well then came bed time. We read her a book, said our prayers and off to bed she went. Justin and I expected to have to put her back in bed at least a few times, but after about fifteen minutes Justin went to check on her and she was sound asleep. Not once did we have to put her back in bed. She slept through the night till ten the next morning. Great right. Well next came the challenge of nap time. She tends to fight me a little more often at nap time. So I laid her down and explained that it was time for her nap and that she needed to stay in bed. A few minutes later I heard her up playing. I went and put her back in bed and told her she needed to stay in bed. Again a few minutes later I heard her playing. This time as soon as she saw me she ran and got back into bed. It took a couple more times of her running back to bed but she finally stayed and took her nap.
Right now we are attempting night two. So far so good. She has been in bed for over an hour and hasn't got out once. She is sound asleep. Lets hope the pattern stays so that in a week or so we can move C.J in to the crib. Wish us luck.

4 comments:

Tara Bergsjo said...

Good job mommy! I am so glad that she is doing so good with her new bed! I love that she new to run and get back in bed when you came, She is a smart little turkey! I was so glad to spend some time with you guys the other day. I love you all amd miss you every day!!!

Lish Fish said...

Thats awesome! I am excited for you...and her! I am sure she feels pretty cool sleeping in a big girl bed.

Veronica said...

Sounds like she is actually doing pretty well. Good job to you too. They grow up so fast. I love the picure of her asleep in her bed--so very cute.

tbergsjo said...

That is awesome! I hope she keeps it up. Lyndsey did so good at first and now I wonder where we went wrong :).

My Family

WOW, HOW SHE HAS CHANGED!

Brylees Adventures!