Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Mother! We Love You!


Debra Lyn Falslev Blau
1957-2008

Debra Lyn Blau was recently called home to be with her eternal Heavenly Father.
She was born on June 1, 1957, in Logan, Utah, to loving parents Harold and Twila Falslev. She was raised on the Falslev Dairy Farm in Benson where she and her brothers and sisters learned the meaning of hard work. Debra graduated from Sky View High School. She married Deno Ray Blau on June 4, 1975, in the Logan LDS Temple but later divorced.
Debra had a very loving heart and was always willing to help those in need. She loved all animals but had a special place in her heart for cats.
Debra is survived by her three children, Jody (Amy) Blau of Provo, Tara (Robert) Bergsjo of Logan, and Tiffany (Justin) Nield of Montpelier, Idaho; and five grandchildren.
She is also survived by her mother, Twila Falslev; and siblings, Susan (Kyle) Nyman, Tamara (John) Drury, Brian (Suzanne) Falslev, Kathy (Jay) LaBonté, Kevin (Cindy) Falsev, Kyle (Hollie) Falslev and Tracy (Wendy) Falslev. She was preceded in death by her father Harold Falslev.
Funeral services will be held on Wednesday Oct. 15, 2008, at noon in the Allen-Hall Mortuary Chapel, 34 East Center, Logan. Friends may call at the mortuary one hour prior to services. Interment will be in the Logan City Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers a memorial fund has been set up at Wells Fargo Bank under the name of Debra Lyn Blau Memorial Fund in care of Tara Lyn Bergsjo.
Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.allenmortuaries.net.


9 comments:

Laurel Leaves said...

What a beautiful post about your mom. I love you so much and it was wonderful to see you and your amazing family. We should try to see eachother under happier circumstances. *hugs*

Amy Laurel

Lish Fish said...

That is an awesome obituary. I am so sorry for your loss. Let me know if you need anything.

Kevin and Heather said...

I am so sorry for you and Tara. I know things can't be easy for you right now. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Please let me know what I can do to help.

Marty and Kim Bergsjo said...

I can't beleive how much you look like her. I am sorry for you and you are in my prayers.

Brittney said...

That was beautifully written! So sorry to hear about your mom. You and your family our in our prayers.

Tara Bergsjo said...

I love you!!

Camz :-) said...

Tiff,
You have been through so much these last few weeks and I wish I could take some of that pain from you. But I am so happy for that new little life and for the joy he is bringing to everyone in our family. Your children are so precious and I love them so much. Thank you for sharing the stories of your mom with us. I see so many of her traits in you and Tara. You are so creative and and are such a good mom. I am so glad you are in our family and that you make my brother so happy! Just think of the conversation that your Mom and my Dad are having in heaven right now. I am sure they are probably talking about the beautiful grandchildren they share. I love You!

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

Hi Sweet lady...just wanted to let you know how much I am thinking of your family right now. What a sweet obituary she has. I will always remember Aunt Debbie's kindness. I just wrote on Tara's blog about an experience I had with her. Another one I remember is that she would always want to try to braid my hair. On those not so frequent visits I had to your house, she would try to braid my hair, and if I knew cuss-words at that age, I am sure I would have said them. I think she finally gave up, but not before lightly swatting my bum and calling me spoiled ;) I don't know if you know this, but she was in one of my college classes. We ended up studying one night together. It was good to be connected to her for that brief moment. She is such a rockstar! Anyway, love you and your cute family. Call if you need to little love.

Camz :-) said...

Hey I wanted to let ya know that I tagged ya on my blog!

My Family

WOW, HOW SHE HAS CHANGED!

Brylees Adventures!